Saturday, December 09, 2006

Cover Bands Rock!

Literally.

Two weeks ago, two friends and fellow teachers, Rik & Lisa, left to move to Canada. There was a big going away fest for them at Buck Mulligan's, a cavernous basement Irish bar. It turned out that there would be live music that night, provided by Lewinsky, a cover band.



Little did we know that they would rock the house. Really - they were amazing. They played Bon Jovi, Gun's 'n Roses, AC/DC, Green Day, etc. (songlist here.) (N, this was like the cover band we saw in Austin when I visited.) Since there are no cabaret laws, we spent the greater part of the evening dancing and singing RIGHT UP FRONT, at the 'stage'.


By the end of the evening, I was hoarse and my knees hurt from all the jumping around. But it was a blast, and me and my friends have decided that we may just have to become groupies...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed out!
N

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home